Midi File Player
The Midi File Player is a very easy to use program for loading,
playing, manipulating and saving standard midi files. Besides these
'normal' functionality there are some special features:
- smooth tooltips for every button, that give you fundamental
and additional information (see screenshot).
- change speed and key during playback.
- adjust general playback volume also for soundboards, that don't
support the standard MCI command.
- adjust program, volume and other track parameters.
- mute single tracks.
- define playback loops.
- save midi files that either contain these player specific
information as meta tags or midi files which have these changes
directly patched to each midi command. So these files will show
the mutes etc. also on other players.
- one more very special feature is the possibilty to change the beat assignment
without changing the actual playback speed. This feature is very
useful when you are working with musical notation programs and
midi files that have been recorded without midi click. Here you can
adjust the desired BPM, before reloading the file to the notation
program with correct beat assignment.
Screenshot showing player in action with active tooltip for
- Intel Pentium 166 or better
- Microsoft Windows NT4/W2K/W95/W98
- Harddisk with 4 MB
- 32 MB RAM
- Graphic Card 16 Bit Color Depth
- Compatible mouse
- Sound card or external sound generator
The Midi File Player is shareware with 30 days unlimited use.
Registration costs are 10 USDollars. For registration please mail
File is 1.794.413 bytes long.